Four Knights and a Lady

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Halloween!





This year for Halloween Jacob decided one being a knight in shining armor and Noah was Linus from "Charlie Brown. Jacob said, "I have the most fun ever" and indeed he did. He had a Halloween party at preschool, complete with trick or treating to all the high school student classrooms, since his preschool is located at one of our local high school. After they got back to their preschool they had a cake walk and bobbed for apples. Jacob's brave teachers took the 24 preschoolers around the high school, brave, I think yes! Jacob came home with a ton of treats and prizes. Next he was off to his friend's birthday party which was more fun. At seven we took our boys trick or treating around our neighborhood, which was so fun. Tons of people showed up to our neighbor's "Free" Haunted House that they put on each and every year. We got about two hundred trick or treaters to our doorstep this year. Tim went down to see it on Saturday night, it was well done he said. He went for all our family, as I and Jacob do not like anything scary (hope our neighbors understand). Tim did most of handing out the candy, because he wanted to see the costums, he just had to stay at the doorstep the whole time. As a side note: this was the warmest Halloween Tim and I ever remember, sixty degrees, sunny and no coats, gloves, sweats or boots, rain, snow, wind etc...
The weekend before we went to our ward Halloween party, which was very well done. We loved the games, trunk or treat and the free pony rides! The pony rides were the highlight of the party, the boys loved riding them. Jacob did not like the haunted maze, which we did not complete, due to he and I being scared. Jacob dressed up as Superman and Noah as "Linus" on Charlie Brown. I dressed up as Sarah Palin, most of our ward thought I was a Sister Missionary, either one is great! Jacob had the idea of me being Sarah, as I was doing my hair for that night. He exclaimed, while I was doing my hair, "Mom, you look like Sarah!" What a sweetheart! I wish we would have been more thoughtful about Tim's costum, as he could have been Joe Palin, complete with snow mobile outfit, but we were too busy with planning our boys outfits.
As I talked to my parents and Tim's mom, I concluded that Halloween is busier and more work than I remember as a kid, but it was all worth it seeing Halloween through eyes of two children once again.
P.S. Jacob and I had a great time make pumpkin bread and sugar cookies together.

1 comment:

The Rigbys said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Halloween! That is great to hear that you got 200 trick or treaters. Since the trunk or treat has become so popular in Cache Valley not many kids go trick or treating anymore and I think it is sad. I remember having a blast as a kid going trick or treating. I hope it comes back!