









A week ago Tuesday, Noah and I joined Jacob's Kindergarten class, along with his teachers, Mrs. Hasseler and Mrs. Ballard for their first field trip. We drove out to the local pumpkin patch, just 35 minutes from town. Jacob got to ride the school bus with his class.
When we got there they loaded us all on a hay wagon and we went for a ride to pick our pumpkins. They drove us out to a HUGE field with I'm guessing about 500 to 1000 pumpkins. Jacob and Noah searched for the "perfect" one. We each got a pumpkin. After we returned from the hay ride we had a picnic lunch together. Then we went off exploring the different signs...such as a mountain made of hay bays, a sand dune with slides the go underground or thru the sand dune. Noah found a "live band" or so he thought, he sat there for at lest ten minutes (the only time he wasn't run or moving). We saw all sorts of farm animals too.
Everyone has a ball! I was continuely amazed how well Jacob's teachers handled all the children with their individual and at times demanding needs. I realized how they keep track of all the children, they count over and over and over again...all day long.
No comments:
Post a Comment