Four Knights and a Lady

Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Month Of February...A Blur Of Fun!



























Since I last posted on our blog we had alot of fun experiences in our family...alot of firsts.
To start off Jacob was invited by our ward to particiapate in the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby. Tim and Jacob made a tank to race in the derby. We all enjoyed the event and Jacob is looking forward to starting Cub Scout this fall.
Tim and I celebrated another birthday.. Tim and I went to see "Wicked", the broadway play earlier this month, to celebrate our birthdays. It was amazing and unforgettable. We are hoping "Les Miserables" come next year or soon so we can see it, as it is my favorite of all the broadway productions.
Tim's sister, Carey and her husband, Jared and their family came to visit us. We had a nice visit with them and we got to know their two cute children, Gavin and Scarlett. We are pleased that they made it back safe and sound, back East to their new home for now.
Last week-end we took the boys to see the circus. It was an amazing event, one that we loved and will remember for a long time. All three boys were so good. Jacob favorite part was the Human Cannonball, Noah's was the four motorcyles in the metal wheel going around at the same time and Adam favorite from what we could tell was the lights and disco ball. We will be going again in the future as we were all so pleased with the show. It was Jacob's idea in the first place as the kids got free tickets from Jacob's school!
Feb. 1-4 we had snow days and no school. We made National news because of the problems our state experienced. But we had a blast with snow, ice sickles and activities that we did together. We even walked around the gardens here with our friends. I put Adam in my winter coat and zipped it up to keep Adam warm. The week before we had 65 degrees and my aunt Marilyn sent our boys cute winter scarfs, we have used them that week, but this last Tuesday, it was 71 degree! Weird weather, but I love it!
We celebrated Valentine's Day with a candlelight dinner, when we were getting ready to eat Noah exclaimed, "I can't see a thing, who turned out the lights???" I said a silent pray that when a girl wants to have a candlelight dinner with him when he is dating that he will do the same thing. Noah, Adam and I surprised Jacob earlier in the day and went to his class party. The kids were so excited to see and play with Noah and Adam. We all dressed in red for the day too.
The other day, we passed the missionaries on bikes on our ride home from Jacob's school. I said. "Boys look at the missionaries!" Noah stated surprisingly, "Where are their motorcycles?"
So now I will post some of the pictures of this month, many but I will try to capsure the fun moments we have had together. Looking forward to the Spring, but not the long, hot summer that is sure to follow. XOXO

2 comments:

Emily said...

Lots of great pics!!! So fun to see!

Love ya!

The Hill Clan said...

You guys did have a ton of fun!!! I'm jealous that you got to go to the circus and to the play. Nothing fun like that ever happens up here in this tiny town we live in. You are such a great mom Wendy!! And your kids are darling!!