


Thelma Faye Browning Wheelwright ~ May 28, 1918 - May 27, 2010 ~
My Grandma Wheelwright, died this evening, she was 91 years old. Funny, as her 92nd birthday is tomorrow, we guess she didn't want to be to be 92! She also got her birthday present a bit early this year...seeing Grandpa! What a present! Another interesting fact is my Grandpa, William Donald Wheelwright died 10 years ago this memorial week-end. So they both went on the same week-end only 10 year apart, long enough. Grandma and Grandpa had a solid and very happy marriage, one that only anyone could hope for. They had six children, 17 grandchildren and many great-grandchildren with more on their way here. They serve three L.D.S. missions and enjoy serving years in the Boise Temple together. She was the last of her siblies to pass on. Grandma is greatly love and will be greatly missed.
Grandma taught me how to croquet and as many of you know I love to make baby afagans for new babies. I still remember her sitting in my parent white chair, in the living room and I sitting next to her, as she taught me the stiches. I think I was around 11 years old. I am grateful for these last ten years because we became close in these years, through happy and sad times.
Grandma loved roses and her front yard shows it. Grandpa and Grandma had a huge garden and a nice spead of grape vines. I remember picking and eating fresh grapes, the best! I am thrilled the our house has both two roses brushes and grape vines. It reminds me of them.
Yesterday, I sat down to write her a birthday note and today Jacob put it in the mail. It was to go out in the mail for her tomorrow and get to her by next week, instead I am sending it to Dad and Mom to read. Funny, how each of us really don't know when our mission are complete and when our Heavenly Father will come to take us home. But I guess that is the beauty of life, that we don't know when we will be called home, so we can live our lives to the fullest until our earth lives are complete and we are ready to begin or continue with our eternal lives. It is all part of our Heavenly Father's plan for the eternal destiny of His children.
The four pictures of Grandma were taken August 2007 and August 2008. First one is of her and our boys. Second was at the Wheelwright family cabin, Grandpa and her's favorite spot to visit and they built it in the 70's together. Third, Tammy and Grandma on the paddle boats in Boise. The last is at Grandpa and Grandma's home, having lunch with her as a family.
No comments:
Post a Comment