Four Knights and a Lady

Monday, December 20, 2010

Our Christmas Miracle

So last Saturday afternoon, Adam and I went to do the grocery shopping. Looking back I can see a number of things that led up to me forgetting my coat and wallet in the shopping cart at Walmart. My wallet in my coat! The coat was a Christmas gift two years ago from Tim. The wallet I got while shopping with my dear friend Megan, when Jacob was just a baby. So I loved both idems.
When I discovered they were missing I drove back to the store and looked everywhere and asked inside. No one had seen it. A lady stopped and talked to me, saying, "I'll pray for you!" I drove home in tears, just sick and upset at myself for doing such a thing. Tim was a great help and together we got everything cancelled that was in my wallet.
Yesterday was Noah's birthday so we made it a good day, not talking about it. About five o'clock Tim answered the phone. On the line was a lady that found my coat and wallet!!! She had gone shopping yesterday morning and brought it home (she said she brought it home because she didn't know if she could trust anyone else to get it to me). She had been trying all day to contact us. Tim drove over to her apartment and brought it home. We offered to pay her, she refused. Except for the cash been takin' from the wallet before she saw it, everything was in order. There it goes to show us that there are good, honest people everywhere in the world. Prayers are answered and miracles do happen.

2 comments:

Christine said...

There are good people in the world. I am so glad you got them back. That rarely happens. Thank goodness for honest people.

The Hill Clan said...

I have done something similar before ohly it was my day planner and I was sick until I found it at the customer service desk. I'm so glad that you were able to find it!! That lady was a gem but the one who offered to pray for you was pretty special too. Maybe her prayers combined with yours is what brought about your miracle. Thank goodness for experiences like this to lift us up in such a dark world!!