















Christmas Eve I asked Tim when he thought the boys would wake up Christmas morning, he said he thought regular time. I thought perhaps 5:30 a.m. like they did last Easter morning...we were both wrong. After Tim reading the Christmas Story to the boys and letting them open their Christmas pjs and a few presents from Grandpa and Grandma Wheelwright, the boys went to sleep really easy.
We took the boys before they went to sleep that if they got up early they could open their stockings before sun rise. So what time did I hear Jacob talking to Noah in their room? 12:43 a.m.!!! I went into their room (now I wish I would have gotten a picture)there they were opening their stocking in front of their nightlight! I asked them to go back to bed and explained to them it was TOO early. After they went back to bed and I closed their door, I had a good laugh.
At two a.m. Jacob came in my room and asked, "How many more hours Mom?" I was feeding Adam at the time, but I didn't laugh this time. "Jacob, you have at least five more hours, now don't wake us up until there is sunshine in your bedroom window." So between Jacob and Adam getting up that night, it made for short or long night depending if you see it from the a child, a baby or a parent's prospective.
We had a wonderful Christmas, this year Santa's elves wrapped all the present so we had the kids get up, make their beds, eat our traditional "Christmas egg omelet with orange rolls" and cleaned up the kitchen before opening presents. Yes, we did Christmas morning just like my family did growing up, which I thought took forever when I was a kid.
I had to laugh hard when Noah wouldn't eat fast enough to Jacob's liking. Jacob sat and encouraged Noah over and over and over to PLEASE eat your food faster. I remember my brothers doing the same thing to me growing up, I was a very slow eater. Now it is funny...back then not so much!
Last night we finally got around to doing our first ever Navitity Scene with just our family. This is also a tradition I grew up with but we had it on Christmas Eve.
Adam was the baby Jesus, Noah and Jacob were Shepards and I was Mary. All the boys loved it and were really good. It was a fun activity especially having a real baby as Jesus.
1 comment:
HA,HA,HA!!! That cracks me up!!! My kids didn't get up until around 7:00, I'm sorry it was such a long night for you!!! I'm glad that you had such a great christmas!! I love the nativity pictures!!!
Post a Comment