

Ok, so my main goal since starting our family blog has been to make it happy, cheerful, fun and meaningful. I do believe I have kept this goal so far and plan to continue. Lately, however, I have been taking an "overview" if you will, of the time I have been a parent and mother, almost six years from this next September.
I have pondered these two questions: Where has the time gone and have we taught him enough? Reasons for this soul searching questions have been due to the fact that Jacob is starting Kidergarten in one month (I realize this is not a big deal for parents of college age kids, missionaries or newlyweds).
I don't know if all parents go thru the same feelings and emotions that I have, I think to some degree they do. But this new stage in Jacob's is frankly has me nervous, scared and excited all at the same time. Nervous for his safety and well-being while he'll be away at school all day. Scared about what challenges he'll face, the "growing pains" of childhood and beyond. Yet excited for him to learn so much and become better thru the growth that come from learning.
I expressed this fears I had to Jacob last night, he said to me confidently, "Don't worry Mom, God will take care of me!" At times I feel that my children are raising me, not the other way around, they are examples of what I want to become. I am so happy to have the experiences I have had with my children; which have been some of the sweetest moments of my life.
2 comments:
What a beautiful story. My heart melted a little at that picture of you reading to him when he was just an infant. Yes, I felt very much the same when Sophie was headed for Kindergarten. It really got to me. But, now I'm preparing to send off a first and third grader next month. It does get easier. Good luck! It's a huge transition, but, I'm sure he'll do great!
I have another year to wait until Emma gets to go and I have mixed feelings about it. I think you're a great mom wendy, and I don't doubt that you have taught him well.
Post a Comment