Four Knights and a Lady

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Would He Like a Tiger?


I called Grandma and Grandpa Webb this afternoon. They were out shopping for our boys for Christmas. Grandma Webb had asked earlier what our boys like. I told them that Jacob's favorite animal (reptile) is a lizard (any kind, shape or color)and Noah's favorite animal is a Zebra.
When I called Grandma and Grandpa were having a struggle find a stuffed Zebra for Noah. Grandpa kept calling out in the background, "A tiger, would he like a tiger?" "I found a leopard, what about that?" Grandma said, "We can find bears, cats, dogs, horses, and leopards but no zebras!" It was so funnying listening to Grandpa and Grandma calling out what they were finding. We all laughed so hard! I wish I could be there to take a picture of the two of them searching though the mounts of stuffed animals, in hopes of find a zebra. I wished them good luck...hoping they have success in their pursuits.
Tim and I so much appreciate the roles our parents play in our children's lives. Just last week Grandma Wheelwright sent a special, surprised package to our boys, which they absolutely LOVED. When we call our parents always have time for us and our children. They are aware and play any active role in their lives, even with distance being a issue at times. It is not easy being so far away from our family, we miss them terribly at times. We really feel bless to have such amazing grandparents for our children, we realize that this is a special gift we have been given and some do not have. Tim and I both want our children to know about their grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousin (even if we live so far away) so we have made it a point to talk about them daily. We have done this for a long time and it is working, we hope they will feel close to them that way.
Thanks Mom and Dad Webb and Wheelwright for all you do and are to us and our boys. Each one of you play a vital and irreplaceable roles in each of our lives. We love you!

No comments: