Four Knights and a Lady

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009 ~ Our Christmas Letter!




Greetings Family and Friends!
We hope this letter find all of you enjoying this holiday season and doing well. We hope this letter reaches all of our family and friend since we are not mailing our letter out this year.
We are happy to be celebrating again our Savior, Jesus Christ's birth and his perfect life. We are grateful for what His life means to us and His example He gave us to follow. We hope we can always be found doing what is right and following in His footsteps.
This year for our family has been a fast paced, busy, and fun year in our household. To recap this year, we enjoyed having Grandpa and Grandma Wheelwright come down for a visit in March to see us. Grandma Webb came down in April for 10 days. We love have our family come to visit. We had our family vacation to Utah and Idaho last May. We enjoyed seeing Tammy and Lorin tie the knot. We also enjoyed a picnic and softball game with our Webb family. Tim and I celebrated our seventh anniversary (in July) by having a two day date in Idaho Falls, in May (when we had Grandma to watch our boys). We went on a four hour bike ride, seeing some of his childhood memories and going to an museum where idems of the Titanic were one display. We walked along the river and the Idaho Falls temple where we were married. Thanks to Grandma Webb for watch our boys while we had so much fun. This year we have discovered "Neflix" movies and the joy of weekly dates at home, complete with popcorn, treats and relaxing (after our boys are in bed). We also for the first time in our married life have paid for some babysitters! We had a nephew, Myles and a niece Audrey born to our families this year. We are happy that Uncle Jared returned safely to his family last month too, after his third deployment to Iraq. This fall we began looking at houses to buy. This last month we puchased our first house, a four bedrooms, two bathrooms and double garage. Tim and I both fell in love with the backyard, all grass and plenty of room for the boys to ran laps around if and when it is needed. The location of our house is grand, with our church next door, we will be walking from now on :). We moved the week of Thanksgiving, after painting two of our largest rooms in our house. We are grateful to all our friends, including our landlord from our last home for helping us move. You know who you are and we thank you, we couldn't have done it with our you!
Jacob graduated from his preschool this last May. He still believe preschool is the funnest year of his educational experience. We had a fun filled summer, going to the zoo, gardens and aquamium often. Playing in the water everyday in the summer to beat the heat. Jacob started doing addition math this summer, due to him wanting to and being bored. Jacob turned six this year and started Kindergarten in August. We couldn't be happier with his teachers this year. Jacob is writing now, starting to read and is excited whenever he learns anything science based (surprised?). Jacob is in the "hundredth club" in his class (anyone that count to 100 or more). This past week Jacob had his first parent teacher conference, lets just say he is his teacher's "star" student, using her words. Jacob mouth is going thru a remodeling process, he has lost three teeth so far and added four new ones (his six year molars). Jacob's best friend is Justice; his favorite color changed from red to green this year. Jacob's favorite animals is lizards, any kind, color and size. He is still trying to talk us into letting him have a pet lizard...we'll will see. Jacob loves to draw and is really good at it, he is a gem in church as long as he has a notebook and pencil. Jacob has a Spider-man coat, a Star Wars Clone War lunchbox and an Elmo backpack, what a well-rounded kid. We love him!
Jacob has a strong sense of right and wrong, he told me one day, "Mommy, doing what is right doesn't always make you have friends." Jacob and Noah had their first missionary door appoach this last month when they knocked on our neighbor's door and gave her a "pass-a-long" card. They were both in their Sunday clothes and it is something we will never forget. We think our boys are braver than we are. He is a wonderful helper, to his parents and a loving big brother, teaching Noah all he knows. Jacob's favorite song is "Over the river and thru the woods", he learned it in school this month.
Noah will be turning three this month! He has asked for an "orange lego cake" and he has pick orange sherbet to go along with his cake (he is alot like his Grandpa Wheelwright, not just in the looks, but tastes also). This summer Noah was potty trained and started speaking in full, many worded sentences. Noah can repeat any word now and he loves talk. Noah wants to go to school now! Noah wants to be doing everything he see Jacob do. Jacob is his hero and best teacher at his stage of his life. Noah is independent and know what he wants out of life, much like Jacob in that sense. Noah's most used sentence right now is "I can do it myself!" Noah's favorite color is orange; animal is a zebra and love Dora and Star Wars Clone War shows. Noah loves carrying his toys in his hands wherever he goes. Noah can count to 20 and say his ABC's. Noah is starting to recognize his letters and spell his name. Noah and I have really enjoyed our one-on-one time together this year. We love him! Noah just in the last few months has really took off building with Legos, he builds most guns and swords with them, but the other day he built a temple. Noah know three nursery rhymes and his favorite song is "I love to see the temple" and Christmas songs. Noah will start Primary in January, which Jacob is excited to have him there with him. Noah got so use to looking a houses, every week this fall, that everytime we got into our van he would ask, "Going to look at houses Mom?"
Tim is doing amazing in his job, he really likes it and his job has been very kind and good to all of us. We felt blessed to receive his job, but feel more that way now as we have been here for two year. Tim went to Washington D.C. for work this past June, he will be traveling next April too. He really enjoyed walking all over our nation captial. Tim has built a bunch of furniture for our home this year, starting with Jacob's school desk (a little child sized desk) that is in our boy's room now, in front of a well lit window (what a lucky kid). This is where Jacob does his homework. Tim also built a desk for me, a cupboard for our Wii game center, bunk beds for our boys and a work bench for our garage. We just had a shed built in our backyard this week, Tim's next wood project is to build a loft in our shed. Tim loves to work with wood and he is really good at it. He has a real talent for it and we benefit from his talent. Tim was membership clerk for the last two years. Tim works so hard for us and we love him, grateful for the wonderful husband, father and provider he is.
As for me, I have really enjoy this year at home and my service in my calling here at home and at church. Having a child in school has put a different twist on our life and our routine. One night Jacob was informing me on how to send his lunch with him to school (that day I had sent him with all the food found in our kitchen, hey, I just wanted him to not go hungery!) Tim stated to Jacob, "Remember, son, Mommy has never sent a child off to school before, Mommy is learning too." I was SO worried about Jacob starting school this year, even though I knew he was really ready. Our prayers were answered. I really enjoy volunteering in Jacob' classroom every other week, the children are so sweet, innocent and full of love.
I was released from my calling as Primary secretary due to our move. Never have I enjoyed and loved a calling as much as I did this one. It was a trendous blessing for me and my family. I can't believe all I learned, felt and seen while I served, it was truly an amazing experience and one in which I have already deeply missed. I worked with some of the most amazing women and men there.
In my free time I have enjoyed making baby blankets for alot of my family and friends. My newest projects have been making scarfs out of yarn. Blogging has been my outlet and very fun to do. I enjoyed sewing with mom this last Spring, putting together my dress for Tammy's wedding. It was a neat experience seeing Tammy go thru the temple and be sealed. I felt honored to be apart of her special day and ever thankful to be her sister.
I received my lifetime membership from Weight Watchers and lost 20 pounds over nine months. This is one of my goals I have wanted to reach for a while. My teacher has begged me to become a leader, but I am very happy with my present occupation and boss.
I think I have covered it all, I better wrap it all up or I won't have anything to write on my next blog posting :). Without going into too much detail, we have witnessed first hand the power of prayer, fasting and Priesthood power, in the lives of our family this year. We have witnessed miracles and gifts of healing take place. For this we are truly grateful and know that our Heavenly Father and his Son are real, love us and truly are mindful of our needs.
We hope you all have a very, merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2010! We love you and are happy to have each of you in our lives. We are richly blessed because of you! Love, Tim, Wendy, Jacob and Noah Webb

1 comment:

Carmie said...

Merry Christmas! Love your new home, it looks great!! What an awesome Kitchen!