









This next Monday, July 20th we will celebrate our 7th wedding anniversay! It has be a great and eventful seven years (eight years this fall we met at ISU). This Monday also marks the 40th anniversary of Apollo 11 and it's crew's, famous walk on the moon!
To celebrate our anniversary we took our boys to The National Nuclear Museum here, it is a brand new museum that opened up this past April. We have watched it be built, it is just down the street where we live. Jacob has been asking everytime we drive or walk by when we are going to take him there.
We had so much fun, the boys loved it, we spent three hours there which included a lecture on Apollo 11 and all the research it took to land on the moon. Jacob sat thru the whole time, it was an hour long. Noah did pretty good too. The boys eat up all the information that was there. We were able to read and do just about everything there.
There was an old radio, much like what I imagine my grandparents having in their home and my parents listening to as children. Noah found it and danced to the music! It was so cute. The music, I think was from the 1940's. We took a tour outside in the back where they had a bunch of military war planes, I think was one of the highlights for the boys, especially since they got to go inside the belly of one of the plane. Jacob came right home and built the planes he saw out of his legos.
We finished our family activity by going to our favorite restuant here, Golden Corral, YUMMY! It was a fun day and one to be remembered. Thanks Tim for giving me such a fun and rewarding experiences as a wife and mother. I LOVE YOU!
P.S. One of this pictures are for all our family and friend in Idaho, can you guess which one it is?
2 comments:
Wendy, what a darling blog! I can't wait until I have a few moments to really peruse it and learn more about your daily doings and see more pictures of those cute boys. It was so fun to see you at Tammy's shower and wedding. I wish we'd had more time to talk. Maybe the blogging world will give us a chance to "catch up" on each others' lives. Love, Amy
Oh, and I also wanted to say, what a fun and creative way to celebrate your anniversary. Congrats!!
Post a Comment