Four Knights and a Lady

Thursday, May 3, 2012

"Wendy Come Quick!!!"

Last Friday was very eventfully at our house. Jacob had his first late night party (we don't do sleepovers) with one of his closest friend here. He went over to Jeremy's house from 7-10 p.m. and then he went back to the party the next morning from 9-4 p.m. Jacob had a fabulous time and enjoyed being with friends. While Jacob was gone, Tim, Noah and I played Wii and had a blast. Adam was there enjoying the excitement, Noah was so thrilled, he was bouncing off the couch as he played. As we were getting Noah and Adam ready for bed, Tim was locking up for the night. As he was locking the backyard door, he said, "Wendy, Come Quick!!!" I came over and he asked if I saw what he saw. It was dark outside, so I wasn't sure what I was suppose to be seeing and I didn't see it at first. Then I looked at a different angle and there perched on our security door was, kid you not, a blue and gray parakeet!!! So we got our old bird cage out of the garage, from our previous bird, Tush (he was my bird before I got married, then he lived with us until two months after Jacob was born. Tushy was eight when he died. He was a suprise present to me from my Dad, and he was very special to Tim, my family and I). I was able to catch the parakeet because his wings had been clipped. I brought him in the house, as he perched on my finger, Adam squeaked for delight and Noah asked, "Can we keep the bird?" Jacob was very surprised to come home from his party and find a bird! He was very happy too!
We washed up the cage and I drove over to Walmart in a hurry to get some food for him. The parakeet was so tired and fell asleep as soon as he got in the cage. He slept all night and didn't start eating until the next morning. It has been almost a week since he came to us. Tim and the boys took notices around our neighborhood as we are trying to find the owner, but we haven't heard from anyone yet. If we don't find the owner, we will keep him. He is a calm bird. Jacob has named him "Jay" since he is blue, after bluejay. I was concerned that he hadn't twitted yet, he seems to be healthy. So my Dad suggested I take him outside in the backyard, int the cage and let him hear the other birds. Sure enough, this morning, we did that, he heard the wild birds and he was twitting. So happy...

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh Wendy, that's so cool about your new parakette! It reminds me of the times both your birds got loose outside and miracously found their way home. Leave it to Dad to rememeber that birds love being outside. I remember coming home finding dad and the bird outside, dad working hard while the bird serenaded him! Who will take care of Jay when you're on vacation?

The Hill Clan said...

That's so fun! I remember the bird you had when you lived in the Grove. It was so fun being your neighbor!