Four Knights and a Lady

Saturday, May 26, 2012

"If I Could Keep You Little..."

I found this children's book last night and just loved it. Enjoy! "If I Could Keep You Little..." Written and Illustrated By Marianne Richmond. If I could keep you little, I'd hum you lullabies. But then I'd miss you singing your concert's big surprise. If I could keep you little, I'd hold your hand everywhere. But then I'd miss you knowing, "I can go...you stay there." If I could keep you little, I'd kiss your cuts and scrapes. But then I'd miss you learning from your own mistakes. If I could keep you little, I'd strap you in real tight. But then I'd miss you swinging from your treetop height. If I could keep you little, I'd decide on matching clothes. But then I'd miss you choosing dots on top and stripes below. If I could keep you little, I'd cut your bread into shapes. But then I'd miss you finding, "Hey, I like ketchup with my grapes!" If I could keep you little, I'd tell you stories every night. But then I'd miss you reading the words you've learned by sight. If I could keep you little, I'd push you anywhere. But then I'd miss you feeling your speed form here to there. If I could keep you little, I'd pick for you a friend of two. But then I'd miss you finding friends you like who like you, too! If I could keep you little, We'd finger-paint our art. But then I'd miss you creating stories from your heart. If I could keep you little, I'd push you ducky float. But then I'd miss you feeling the wind behind summer's boat. If I could keep you little, We'd nap in our fort midday. But then I'd miss you sharing adventures from camp away. If I could keep you little, I'd fly you with my feet. But then I'd miss you seeing sky and clouds from your seat. If I could keep you little, I'd keep you close to me. But then I'd miss you growing into who you're meant to be!

No comments: