Summer is upon us now, one more month of school, planning activities for summer break, and the weather is heating up but has been really nice temperature lately. Brilliant colors are out on the vegetation here, bright purples, hot pinks and yellows. During winter here there is every shade of brown, but the other seasons are beautiful, different from where Tim and I grew up, but it has it own beautiful here that we have learned to get use to and enjoy.
We have noticed these last few weeks, big yellow Monarch Butterflies flying around our house, backyard and neighborhood. They are such beauties!
The morning are cool and fresh this time of year. Noah, Adam and I love to be in the backyard during the morning hours, one to water the garden and look at it growth and two to play. This morning was different...for two reasons.
One we took Jay (our newly found parakeet) outside to see if we could get him to twit (as he hasn't twitted since we found him) and he did after hearing the wild birds and enjoying the warmth of the sunshine on his feathers.
Two, Adam decided to climb (or so I thought) into the garden. I saw him doing this and told him "no." As I went over to help him get down out of the garden, I noticed what he was trying to do, not climb in the garden, but get close and look at a beautiful, yellow, Monarch Butterfly that was resting on a leaf of our cherry tree!!! It was a sight to behold! I called to Noah to come and see. He came running. The butterfly flew around landing on our a grape vine leaf and then our Rose of Sharon brush before flying away. With each move, the boys followed and it was so fun!
I was again reminded of the beauty and wonder of little children. They see the world anew, exciting and fresh. They see things through their eyes, they observe and enjoy the simple beauties that God has created for us to enjoy. I love seeing the world through their innocent eyes and seeing the wonder in their faces as they discover God's creatures big and small.
e seeing the world through their innocent eyes and seeing the wonder in their faces as they discover God's creatures big and small.
1 comment:
What beautiful pictures Wendy! Thank you for sharing your experience. I think we as adults get lost in our worries and the hustle of life and we forget to take time to enjoy the world and trust in the Lord that created it. Thank you for the reminder!
Post a Comment